Bentley Utilities Designer V8i to be Launched in 2013
Bentley will launch the all-new Bentley Utilities Designer V8i (SELECTseries 3) in early 2013. Bentley Utilities Designer V8i is a CAD-based design application for electric, gas, water, and wastewater utilities with integrated job and workflow management and a complete GIS solution for modeling and documenting as-built assets. Bentley Utilities Designer V8i enables utilities to increase design productivity and lower the total cost of ownership of their design software without requiring the replacement of their existing GIS system. The announcement was made at the Bentley Be Inspired conference.
Advance Look at Key Capabilities and Benefits
The capabilities and benefits users will get from using Bentley Utilities Designer V8i (SELECTseries 3) are:
- True CAD-based Design for Faster, Higher Quality Designs: Engineering-grade CAD tools accelerate design layouts and eliminate the productivity constraints of GIS-based design tools. Specifically:
- Many of the innovations of the industry proven MicroStation CAD platform, including AccuDraw and AccuSnap, allow designs to be executed quickly, flexibly, and accurately.
- Precision plotting tools enable the rapid production of high-quality construction prints.
- Extensive data interoperability with native formats including DWG, DXF, PDF, and Esri SHP files make it fast and simple to incorporate legacy design data and relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Preconfigured Multi-utility Design for Lower Total Cost of Ownership: Out-of-the-box design capabilities for electric, gas, water, and wastewater enable multi-utilities to replace multiple design applications with a single design application to reduce the costs of training, maintenance, and WMS/ERP integration.
- GIS-agnostic Design for Minimal Switching Cost: Interoperability with the most popular GIS solutions enables utilities to transition to high productivity CAD-based design without the cost or complexity of changing GIS systems. Broad GIS interoperability provides utilities multiple choices for modeling and documenting as-built assets, including:
- A built-in utility GIS based on the industry-proven Bentley Map V8i provides robust capabilities to address utilities infrastructure management, modeling, and maintenance issues.
- Live Data Exchange enables integration with GIS data managed in GE Smallworld.
- Oracle Spatial interoperability enables integration with GIS data managed in any system that complies with Oracle Spatial.
- The ArcGIS connector add-on enables integration with GIS data managed in Esri ArcGIS.
About Bentley Systems, Incorporated
Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Bentley Systems applies information mobility to improve asset performance by leveraging information modeling through integrated projects for intelligent infrastructure. Its solutions encompass the MicroStation platform for infrastructure design and modeling, the ProjectWise platform for infrastructure project team collaboration and work sharing, and the AssetWise platform for infrastructure asset operations – all supporting a broad portfolio of interoperable applications and complemented by worldwide professional services. Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in 50 countries, more than $500 million in annual revenues, and since 2003 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com.