“Intelligent Pitch” Challenges Next Gen Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Startups
Washington, DC, May 3, 2016—Want to know what “the money” thinks of your intelligent transportation system (ITS) idea or product? ITS America 2016 is presenting mobility entrepreneurs with the opportunity to test their pitches to venture capital experts in“The Intelligent Pitch.” This special session will bring together cutting edge mobility startups with three premier venture capital firmsand a leader in the intelligent transportation field.
“The Intelligent Pitch” will be Wednesday, June 15, 10:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. PDT at McEnery Convention Center in San Jose. The session, sponsored by GRIDSMART, is a highlight of Day 3 – “Show Me The Money!” – part of a multi-day effort to advance debate and discussion around integrated mobility systems and smart cities.
“Entrepreneurs defiantly change the rules, change the world, because they are not afraid to fail and fail again until something amazingly beautiful comes out the other end,” said Bill Malkes, founder and CEO of GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc. “We want to help them define their story that disrupts ITS.”
“ITS America 2016 San Jose is designed to bring together innovators and implementers, high-tech and transportation,” said Regina Hopper, president and CEO of the Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America). “Day 3, ‘Show Me The Money!,’ willexemplify ITS America as the incubator of Next Generation ITS.”
To be considered for an “Intelligent Pitch” slot, entrepreneurs must submit an application package by Friday, May 20, 2016, as outlinedbelow. Competitors chosen win the opportunity to deliver a fast-paced business pitch to the panel of judges. The judges will then selectthree finalists to “face off.” The winning entrepreneur will be announced publicly at the ITS America closing keynote session later that day.
- Friday, May 20 – Prospective competitors’ complete application packages due via the submissions website, built and hosted by GRIDSMART, www.ITSAmerica2016.org/
- Monday, May 30 – Applicants chosen to compete live in San Jose will be notified.
- Wednesday, June 15 – “The Intelligent Pitch” session, 10:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m., ITS America 2016, McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, CA.
Premier Panel of Judges
- Bill Malkes, CEO & Co-Founder, GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc.
- Quin Garcia, Managing Director, AutoTech Ventures
- Chris Thomas, Co-Founder & Partner, Fontinalis Partners
- Duncan Williams, Partner, GreenTech Capital Advisors
- Seed to Series B stage startups.
- Less than $5 million in external funding.
- Have been in development/business less than four years.
- Focused on intelligent transportation technology applications to save lives, time, and money while helping to move people and goods from Point A to Point Z safely and without delay.
- Passionate about mobility solutions that change the way people, goods, and services interact with the outside world.
- Available to pitch live, in person, at “The Intelligent Pitch,” 10:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. PDT, Wednesday, June 15, 2016, at ITS America 2016 San Jose, McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, CA.
- To be considered, applicants must submit a draft business plan, which will remain confidential.
- Draft slides supporting a five-minute pitch.
- Founder’s name, bio, and contact info.
- “Pitcher’s” name, bio, and contact info (if pitch is not to be delivered by founder).
Where to Apply
Application packages must be submitted by the May 20 deadline via the official “Intelligent Pitch” submissions website, built and hosted by GRIDSMART, www.ITSAmerica2016.org/
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America) advocates for industries marrying tech and transportation, putting transportation at the center of the Internet of Things (IoT). ITS America works to identify and drive public policy issues at the local, state, and federal levels to advance deployment of the technologies that will support data-driven integrated mobility.
ITS America 2016 San Jose, a new show representing this transformative moment in intelligent transportation, is built around thetheme “Integrated Mobility. Transportation Redefined.” Each day has its own focus:
- “#THISisITS Making It Work,” on Sunday, June 12, features pre-show public-private partnership and investment opportunities, highlighted by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s “Accelerating ITS Deployment Day” workshop.
- “Wheels & Things” rolls in on Monday, June 13. Sponsored by Xerox, the day revolves around all things using, altering, or creating new ITS technology.
- “The Infrastructure of Things” is on Tuesday, June 14. Sponsored by Lear, the day is built around all the things that interact with wheels and things.
- “Show Me The Money!” on Wednesday, June 15, will feature venture capitalists and the changing business models that are disrupting the “transportation” landscape.
- Thursday, June 16, is a series of tours exemplifying intelligent transportation at work.
For detailed conference schedule and sessions info, visit www.ITSAmerica2016.org. To register, use the official portal,www.ITSAmericaRegistrationPort