Rail-SIT Railway Inspection and Analysis Software Released
The new Rail-SIT application is a high performance package for complete railway inspection and analysis.
Mobile Mobile Mapping systems are more and more successfully implemented and exploited in the railway sector, providing results not achievable with traditional tools. The Rail-SIT application has been developed to process the railroad surveyed data, carry out analyses and inspections, and automatically produce reports on the infrastructure status.
Key features of the Rail-SIT software are:
- Rail line inspection with mobile mapping systems
- Railhead detection, automated track and cantenary geometry generation
- Dynamic generation of clearance outlines and interference calculation
- Checks and inspections, anchoring/fixing the end track position
- Tunnel inspection with cylindrical views of the tunnel vaults
- Automatic generation of documents and reports.
A user-friendly interface provides the tools to manage inspections and point clouds, make selections, display the cylindrical views, obtain realistic representations (3D view), thus allowing users to check and keep the infrastructure status under control.
The newly released Rail-SIT application is fully compatible with the most widespread mobile mapping systems such as the Optech Lynx, Riegl, Topcon IPS3, Leica Pegasus and many others. The software integrates directly into the Siteco Road-SIT Survey Suite, which is delivered as a standard software platform with the Road-Scanner mobile mapping system.
“This powerful software was developed for several multinational high speed railway operators and maintenance companies” said ing. Augusto Burchi, Siteco’s CEO. “The field proven functionality is already in use over many railway lines and tunnel kilometers.”