Bentley ProjectWise CONNECT Edition Joins MicroStation and Navigator CONNECT Editions in General Access
LONDON – The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference – 2 November 2015 – Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading global provider of software solutions foradvancing infrastructure, reported today that attendees at its Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference in London were enthusiastically sharing their experiences and encouragement regarding its new CONNECT Edition software generation.CONNECT Edition provides a common environment for comprehensive project delivery. At this time ProjectWise CONNECT Edition, MicroStation CONNECT Edition, and Navigator CONNECT Edition are all in General Access, and users are starting to take full advantage of advancements.
ProjectWise CONNECT Edition
With ProjectWise CONNECT Edition, this “workhorse for work sharing” advances from Design Integration to collaboration for comprehensive project delivery, adding hybrid cloud services for Deliverables Management, issues resolution, and Engineering Content Management.
What Early Adopters Are Saying
- “Hatch Mott MacDonald first implemented ProjectWise for secure design collaboration and engineering document work sharing. However, in today’s advancing project delivery environment, it is more important than ever to easily and securely share our models and associated project information, to expedite communications and design clarity with the entire supply chain. Now with ProjectWise CONNECT Edition, we have a more comprehensive project delivery platform – virtually connecting our partners and remote team members to project information and processes with a focus on data quality for planning, design, construction, and handover to operations.” – Cory Dippold, PE., Project Technologies Director, Hatch Mott MacDonald
- “As we embark on our first design-build project – Long Street in EMIA – the demand for improved collaboration is an imperative. As a long-standing user of ProjectWise, we have already seen significant increases in team productivity and better design quality. Now withProjectWise CONNECT Edition, we have an easy-to-use, secure cloud-based environment supporting the entire project lifecycle. This powerful capability will simplify documentation workflow for critical project information, especially with our supply chain. It provides an excellent end-user interface to manage submissions, transmittals, and RFIs and helps us to standardize our workflows, allowing us to implement this AECOM standard on future design and build projects with minimum effort. The CONNECT Edition provides our senior management teams with real-time project status in one simple dashboard. The Long Street Project required us to reinvent and standardize the design-build process as only AECOM could by leveraging our scale, and in working closely with Bentley our project communications and visibility will not only be improved dramatically, but also allow AECOM to offer something unique to the market.” – Nuzrul Haque, Director, IT Business Relationship Management, AECOM Information Technology
- “We struggle with reliably and consistently capturing field data on a daily basis. Our current process includes field books that can be lost and laptops that are clunky and can get broken. Being able to enter data into quick, easy-to-access forms from a mobile device is the wave of the future.” – David Haskin, Senior Applications Specialist, Burns & McDonnell
- “Arup is looking forward to the ProjectWise CONNECT Edition so that we can extend our BIM collaboration capabilities and advance them to the next level. Communications with external project team members, through the use of Transmittal and RFI cloud services, will increase productivity, minimize mistakes, and reduce project risk. Dashboards will also allow Arup to monitor project performances by harvesting the rich attribute data in our BIM projects.” – Will Sims, Associate Director, ProjectWise Administrator, ARUP
MicroStation CONNECT Edition
MicroStation CONNECT Edition advances Bentley’s common modelingenvironment for unified support of design modeling, analytical modeling, construction modeling, and reality modeling.
What Early Adopters Are Saying
- “Maintaining a digital component catalog of every permutation/combination of objects has been challenging at best. The ability to have these objects be dynamic and reusable will save us constant setup/rework hours at the beginning of a job. … The days of modeling existing conditions from as-builts are diminishing in favor of more progressive reality capture techniques. The application of this dynamic technology is proving to be incredibly important to our workflow.” – Paul Patterson, Senior Specialist, Hatch Mott MacDonald
- “MicroStation CONNECT Edition’s ability to automatically create reports and schedules on the fly based on object intelligence helps us to deliver reliable and consistent drawings. And having property-driven annotation streamlines the process of making design changes too, because the deliverables stay up to date when changes happen. Plus, we can precisely control the appearance of tables, such as color and line weights, based on project standards. All this translates into better deliverables in less time!” – Marty Price, Senior Application Specialist, Burns & McDonnell
- “This new version of MicroStation is a HUGE step in the right direction. The new interface is very easy to understand and customize.” – Marc Schroeder, Andrews, Hammock and Power, Inc.
Navigator CONNECT Edition
The Navigator CONNECT Edition “app-lication” extends the common, connected experience for users from office to site or field. Its advances are highlighted by model-based visual reporting and, with the addition of ProjectWise, issue resolution.
What Early Adopters Are Saying
- We used Navigator CONNECT Edition in the office, in anticipation of an upcoming project;its overall usability was superior to other systems and planners we have tried. For scheduling and meeting deliverables, being able to look into 3D modeling and define future stages was beneficial. The ability to share real-time project data with other colleagues working remotely on the same project was invaluable.” – Doug Harper, Construction Superintendent, MelloyIndustrial Services, Inc.
- “Navigator CONNECT Edition brings a consistent medium for geometry and data consumers residing in our local offices or via tablets from our sites, whether internal to IBI Group or a part of our extended teams. Some of our largest projects are harnessing this capability to bring information sourced by various tools – InRoads, Revit, MicroStation – together into one integrated platform. The data provenance is critical as the business information of specific assets carry through to the i-model format, allowing full interrogation of content consistently when accessed via ProjectWise or Worksite. The navigation engine is smooth, thus allowing us to easily traverse both the vertical buildings, along with linear infrastructure – site, rail and utilities. Overall Navigator CONNECT Edition has the potential to be the connection that binds our stakeholders together during major infrastructure projects.” –Brent Mauti, Architect, Global Director, Design Technology, IBI Group
For additional information:
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is a global leader in providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, andAssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure – complemented by worldwide professional services and comprehensive managed services.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2008 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.