Steel Deck Institute Seeks Individuals to Review Upcoming 2017 Editions of Consensus Standards for Steel Deck
GLENSHAW, Pa., July 8, 2015—The Steel Deck Institute (SDI) is soliciting individuals interested in reviewing the upcoming 2017 editions of its consensus standards for steel deck as members of the consensus canvass body.
The 2017 editions will include revisions to the following existing Standards:
- ANSI/SDI RD-2010, Standard for Steel Roof Deck
- ANSI/SDI NC-2010, Standard for Non-Composite Steel Floor Deck
- ANSI/SDI C-2011, Standard for Composite Steel Floor Deck—Slabs
- ANSI/SDI T-CD-2011, Test Standard for Composite Steel Deck—Slabs
- ANSI/SDI QA/QC-2011, Standard for Quality Control and Quality Assurance for Installation of Steel Deck
Copies of the existing Standards are available for free download from the SDI website at www.sdi.org.
Initiation of the review process is anticipated to begin in the 4th Quarter of 2015. Expressions of interest can be made to Robert Paul, P.E., Managing Director of the Steel Deck Institute, at email@example.com.
The Steel Deck Institute is a trade association representing manufacturers of steel roof and floor deck. Its purpose is to bring uniformity to the design, manufacture, quality control and construction practices of cold-formed steel decking. SDI member companies manufacture the majority of the steel deck used in the United States. For more information, visit www.sdi.org.