Western Governors Approve Policy Resolutions on Transportation, Enhanced Oil Recovery, Agriculture, Water Resource Management, Minerals
Western Governors formally approved five new policy resolutions at the Western Governors’ Association 2015 Annual Meeting in Incline Village, Nev., on transportation, enhanced oil recovery, agriculture, water resource management and minerals policy. The resolutions include:
- Transportation Infrastructure in the Western United States: Western Governors have enacted this resolution to support reauthorization of the Surface Transportation Board and to encourage cooperation and planning that will facilitate investment in the western transportation network, avoid conflict between jurisdictions and prevent work slowdowns at western ports.
- Enhanced Oil Recovery: This resolution outlines Western Governors’ support of policies and incentives that advance investment in enhanced oil recovery projects, infrastructure, technology and research.
- Western Agriculture: In this resolution, Western Governors express their support for programs that strengthen local farm families and communities, including programs for all agricultural working lands, forests, and rangelands.
- Water Resource Management in the West: This is an update of the Governors’ existing policy resolution on water supply management. It has been updated to reflect the key themes of the Western Governors’ Drought Forum, as well as the current water management needs and prerogatives of our western states.
- National Minerals Policy: Revisions to the Governors’ resolution supporting a National Minerals Policy address the critical issue of permitting delays, and focus on the importance of the timely processing of mining permit applications.
Western Governors enact new policy resolutions and amend existing resolutions on a bi-annual basis. All of WGA’s current resolutions can be found on our Policies Page.