Gate Precast to Tout ‘Design Assist’ at AIA Show
Atlanta, Ga., May 13, 2015—At this week’s AIA Convention in Atlanta, host chapter platinum sponsor Gate Precast plans to promote the advantages of “Design-Assist Collaboration” during an informational session led by Jim Lewis, Gate’s director of architectural systems.
At 2 p.m. on May 15 in Theater D, Booth 4319 Lewis will discuss the recent innovative trend toward early integration of the design-build process, now called design assist. The design-assist process, combined with the technical expertise of BIM, enables a precast producer to convey earlier in the design how high performance precast can help a building team reach its goals. Case studies will include the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, FIU Science Complex and Nordstrom stores. REGISTER EX406
By attending, convention goers can expect to learn when it is desirable to begin the design-assist process, how to enhance aesthetics and control budgets from conceptual design to project completion, and the importance of design assist for saving time and money will obtaining the desired design objectives.
Also, while at the convention be sure to visit the following Gate-sponsored events:
- Exhibit Booth No. 323 – Architects can drop by the Gate booth and easily earn .25 LUs by chatting with a representative for just 15 minutes. Also, see a cross sectional mockup of Gate’s Thermomass Insulated Precast Concrete System. The cross sectional will allow attendees to view first-hand the system’s high-performance precast components and finishes.
- AIA Tailgate Experience at the College Football Hall of Fame – Held on May 15 at 7:30 p.m., the event features drinks and dancing just steps from the convention site. Tickets are $35. Use program code EV318 to purchase tickets.
- AIA tours for CE credits:
– ET114: Southface Eco Office and SWEET Center (May 13, 1 – 4:30 p.m.) – Visit an award-winning model of environmentally responsible construction and discover how green commercial buildings create healthy, productive and cost-effective workplaces. REGISTER
– ET202B: One of a Kind: Southface Eco Office (May 15, 7:30 – 10 a.m.) – As one of the world’s most sustainable small commercial buildings, the Southface Eco Office serves as a model of environmentally responsible construction.
Gate Precast Company is a subsidiary of Gate Petroleum Company, a privately-held diversified corporation headquartered in Jacksonville, FL. Gate Precast has become one of the largest and most diversified precast concrete producers in the United States, with eight manufacturing facilities, and is known for its design-assist collaboration with design teams. Annually, the company is recognized as a top subcontractor by Engineering News-Record Magazine and wins Best-in-Class PCI Design Awards for a wide range of projects. For more information, please visit http://www.gateprecast.com.