Make Your Plans for National Infrastructure Week
April 30, 2015—Infrastructure Week 2015 will be May 11 to 15 and feature 30+ events and workshops across the country from Alaska to New York that highlight how important investing in and modernizing America’s infrastructure is for our economy and our way of life. Here’s just a sample of the great event being hosted across the country:
- Infrastructure Week Launch: Breaking through to the Future with Vice President Joe Biden (Washington, D.C.)
- Pittsburgh on the Move (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Infrastructure Advocacy Day (Washington, D.C.)
- Planning and Operations of Critical New York City Infrastructure with Industry Leader Vicky Kelly (New York City, NY)
- Port Infrastructure Delivers More Than You Think with Tour of Port NOLA (New Orleans, LA)
- Alaska Municipal Light & Power’s Most Energy Efficient Plant: A Look Behind the Construction Fence at Alaska’s Resilient and Sustainable Energy Infrastructure (Eklutna, AK)
Find out more about Infrastructure Week – including our calendar of dozens of events in Washington and around America – at www.infrastructureweek.org, and follow on Twitter at @RebuildRenew and #RebuildRenew. Find Infrastructure Week Events near you here.
On May 11th, a new app called Save America’s Infrastructure will launch that lets ASCE members take action on infrastructure issues in their state and nationally. Help save America’s roads, water pipes, airports, and more by telling your lawmakers to get to work in the Action Center. The new app will also remind you when it’s most important for Congress or your State Legislature to hear from you and keep you updated with news. Available for both iPhone and Android devices, the new app will continue to provide easy reference to the 2013 Report Card grades and new state facts along with these new advocacy features. We’ll be sending all our Infrastructure Friends the details soon so be on the lookout!