March – April 2015 Infrastructure SHOWCASE
The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois holds an annual “Excellence in Structural Engineering” awards program, which recognizes creative achievement in structural engineering via innovative structural designs as well as individual contributions that advance the profession. These pages feature the 2014 award winners.
Jurors' Favorite/Most Innovative Structure
The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (<I>www.seaoi.org<I>) encourages engineering education, and the advancement of the art and science of structural engineering through regular meetings and the recognition of excellence in engineering work.
The 2014 judges included the following:
- James M. LaFave, Ph.D, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Peter Exley, FAIA Architecture Is Fun
- Deborah Zroka, S.E., P.E., Zroka Engineering P.C.
- Felicia Davis, Chicago Department of Buildings
- Donald M. Biernacki, Related Midwest
- Kevin Carmody, V1 Media
Further details about these projects can be found at www.seaoi.org/awards/award.htm along with instructions on how to apply for this year’s awards.