Call for Submissions for Environmental Connection 2016
Denver, Colo., March 11, 2015—The International Erosion Control Association (IECA) is calling for submissions for Environmental Connection 2016, annual conference and expo. Combining quality education with a top‐notch expo, this is the premier gathering place for the erosion and sediment control community. The 2016 conference will be held February 16‐19, 2016 at the San Antonio Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas.
Continuing education is the cornerstone of the Environmental Connection Conference. IECA receives submissions from around the globe from instructors hoping to present at this world‐class event. For its 2016 conference, IECA has four Educational Tracks: Erosion and Sediment Control, Stormwater Management, MS4 Management and Surface Water Restoration.
New to the conference, the IECA education department has already set a timeline in place for meeting standard requirements. IECA will assign IACET‐approved CEU credit to its full‐day courses for Environmental Connection 2016.
IECA is focusing on the relevant issues and challenges facing erosion control and stormwater quality management professionals. Recommended hot topics for Environmental Connection 2016 include:
- Accounting for Pollutant Sources in Watersheds/ Where Are They Coming From?
- Green Infrastructure Practices
- Rain Water Harvesting for Flood Control and Water Table Replenishment
- EPA Waters of The U.S. Rule Making
- Stormwater Compliance and Meeting Project Budgets
- Innovative Training Approaches/State and Local Certification Programs/Are They Effective?
- The Challenges and Strategies for Transportation Agency MS4s
- MS4 Compliance Strategies for Municipal Good Housekeeping
- Meeting MS4 Permit Requirements with Limited Resources
- Use of Drones for Inspections/Surveys, and Associate Legal Issues
- Successful Implementations of System for Electronically Tracking Environmental Commitment
All relevant topics in the four Education Tracks will be considered for presentation. The deadline to submit an abstract is May 29, 2015. For more information about the submittal process, visit www.ieca.org/submissions.