HP Introduces Industry’s Thinnest and Lightest Workstation Ultrabooks
PALO ALTO, Calif., Jan 5, 2015—HP (NYSE: HPQ) today introduced the industry’s thinnest and lightest workstation Ultrabooks, the HP ZBook 14 and 15u. HP also announced its next-generation virtual workstation and enhancements to its Remote Graphics Software.
The new products:
- HP ZBook 14 and 15u Workstation Ultrabooks: With an unprecedented sleek and stylish design, these customizable workstations deliver impressive professional 3D graphics, high-performance/breakthrough storage and outstanding performance even for the most demanding applications.
- The HP DL380z Virtual Workstation: Providing a true workstation experience, combined with end-to-end security, optimized IT management, and access to applications from almost any endpoint device, from virtually anywhere.
- HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS) 7.1: Delivering faster performance for workstation or server-based graphic-rich applications and collaboration remotely in real time from any PC, thin client or Windows® tablet.
“Our new workstation Ultrabooks demonstrate our unwavering commitment to professional customers and the need for light, first-class mobile workstations to augment the design workflow,” said Jim Zafarana, vice president and general manager, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. “HP mobile, desktop and virtual workstations are the innovation engines of companies around the globe, designing everything from automobiles to block-buster movies.”
ZBook Mobile Workstations Aid Digital Innovation
The second-generation ZBook 14 and 15u have a 14-inch or 15.6-inch diagonal high-performance screen size respectively, and are customizable workstations equipped with Microsoft Windows 8.1, 5th-generation Intel® Core™ processors, professional AMD FirePro™ 3D graphics. The ZBook 14 has optional touch display and intuitive 10-point multi-touch full-HD screen options. Adding to the market share-leading HP Z Workstation portfolio, the new HP ZBook Mobile Workstations offer availability of certified workstation applications from Adobe®, Autodesk, Avid, Dassault, ESRI, SolidWorks, Siemens and many others.
Both ZBook Mobile Workstation models provide up to 16 GB of memory(2) and up to 1.25 TB of storage(3), plus HP Z Turbo Drive (PCIe connected solid-state storage) for 2X the performance of SATA SSD. The durable and reliable HP ZBook Mobile Workstations are designed to undergo MIL-STD(4) 810G testing and underwent 115,000 hours of testing in the HP Total Test Process.
Today, digital innovations and the ongoing move from 2D to 3D have created an explosion of digital content and new demands on video and graphics tools. HP Z products are designed to meet the users in the film/video editing, graphic design, CAD, education, architecture, manufacturing, finance and healthcare markets.
Virtual Workstation Optimized for IT
The HP DL380z Virtual Workstation Gen 9 provides Z Workstation power with datacenter security and access from virtually anywhere. The DL380z offers an increase in power, more integrated I/O and an enhanced chassis with more expandability than the previous generation. Users will experience vibrant high-end 3D graphics performance due in part to the latest suite of professional graphics, including NVIDIA GRID™ cards. The DL380z has an innovative 2U rack mount, is powered by next-generation Intel E5 v3 processors with up to 36 cores(5), up to 3.5 GHz; up to 1.5 TB DDR4 2133 MHz memory(6) and operates with a Windows and Linux® Client OS.
HP Virtual Workstations support Citrix® and VMware® virtualized environments, designed for centrally controlled deployment and management for different user profiles with flexible provisioning and multiple configuration options. Central management helps keep sensitive data out of the wrong hands by only transmitting encrypted pixel data over LAN or WAN. Coupled with HP RGS, the DL380z delivers great interactivity, even over long distances and poor network connections thanks to HP Velocity WAN optimization software, included with HP RGS or HP Thin clients.
Remote Graphics Software Boosts Remote Editing
With HP RGS(7) 7.1, HP is responding with a 60 percent boost in performance to the already best-in-class remote graphics software. Media and entertainment workstation customers with higher resolution displays and the need for perfect image playback, now can do all editing remotely without limitations. RGS 7.1 also allows native Wacom tablet redirection to Linux at animation and FX studios across the country for collaboration between studios and remote offices to speed up the digital editing and content creation process.
Price and Availability
- The HP ZBook 14 and 15u Workstation Ultrabook products are expected to be available worldwide beginning January. Estimated U.S. pricing starts at $1,249 and $1,199, respectively.
- The HP DL380z Virtual Workstation is available now. Pricing is available upon request.
- HP Remote Graphics Software 7.1 is expected to begin shipping on HP Z Desktop and Mobile ZBook Workstations starting in April 2015 and will be available as a free download for existing HP Z Workstation customers at the same time. It will also be available to purchase for use on all other supported hardware.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.