Lenovo Takes Mobile Workstation Performance and Versatility to New Heights with the ThinkPad W550s
LAS VEGAS, Nev., Dec. 2, 2014—Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) today announced at the Autodesk University 2014 conference the new Lenovo ThinkPad W550s – featuring a powerful combination of performance, functionality and mobility. With eye-popping graphical processing power, mechanical docking and the best battery life of any mobile workstation, the ThinkPad W550s is one of the most innovative ultrabook workstations available to users today and an ideal solution for professionals requiring seamless productivity in the office or in the field.
Workstation users are becoming increasingly mobile, and the demands of their jobs now require them to perform mission-critical tasks from any location. These users need to run the same resource-intensive applications in the lab, office or field, and without compromising performance or usability. The new Lenovo ThinkPad W550s is built to address these challenges, with state-of- the-art graphical processing and all-day battery life, making it one of the most powerful and versatile mobile workstations in the market.
“We’ve heard from users that they want a mobile workstation that can enhance their ability to be productive using the same machine in the office and the field,” said Victor Rios, vice president and general manager, Workstations, Lenovo. “Using this input, we’ve engineered an ultrabook that allows professionals to achieve optimum productivity and perform even the most demanding tasks regardless of where they are. It’s mobile yet powerful, beautiful yet functional, and it’s the highest performing ultrabook we’ve ever designed.”
The Lenovo ThinkPad W550s is designed with professional users in mind. Along with being Lenovo’s thinnest and lightest mobile workstation, the ThinkPad W550s is packed with all the features users need.
Key benefits and features of the Lenovo ThinkPad W550s include:
- Unparalleled Graphics: Best-in-class graphics capabilities powered by the NVIDIA®Quadro® K620M GPU, which offers users the benefits of the latest NVIDIA Maxwell™ mobile GPU architecture.
- Rock-solid Processing: CPU performance utilizing the future 5th generation Intel®Core™ processors
- ISV Certified: Mobile workstation technology certified to run critical third-party applications users require
Enterprise Class Functionality
- Versatile Docking: Mechanical docking and multi-monitor support
- All-day Battery Life: Power Bridge technology and energy-efficient GPUs provide up to 13 hours of battery life for complete mobility
- Increased Security and Manageability: Supports Intel® vPro™ technology for greater protection and centralized management
- Unmatched Visuals: 3K IPS display options with optional touch panel for rich, vibrant colors and an optimal user experience
More information about the ThinkPad W550s can be found at www.thinkworkstations.comas well as www.lenovo.com. For the latest Lenovo news, subscribe to Lenovo RSS feedsor follow Lenovo on Twitter and Facebook.
Businesses can opt for a variety of service and support solutions to fit their needs. With a committed focus on customer, quality and responsiveness, Lenovo Services offers innovative and integrated solutions to ensure maximum productivity. Warranty Extensions, Upgrades, Accidental Damage Protection, Keep Your Drive, Priority Technical Support and a complete set of factory and automated deployment services help organizations effectively bridge the gap between consumer and business.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $39 billion global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial, and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs (including the legendary Think and multimode YOGA brands), workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Motorola brand), tablets and apps. Join us on LinkedIn, follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Lenovo) or visit us at www.lenovo.com.