Vectorworks 2018 Now Available in Spanish
Columbia, MD — Global design and BIM software developer Vectorworks, Inc. has released the Spanish version of its Vectorworks 2018 product line, which includes Vectorworks® Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, Designer and Fundamentals. New this year is Braceworks™, a structural load analysis add-on module targeted to designers and riggers working on temporary structures. The Spanish version follows the English version, released this past September, and joins the additional language versions of the product line that will all be available by spring of 2018, including: Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Italian, Norwegian and Portuguese.
“The availability of our 2018 software in Spanish, along with the continued rollout of our other languages, solidifies our mission to empower designers worldwide, so that they can create unmatched experiences,” said Vectorworks CEO Dr. Biplab Sarkar. “What makes Vectorworks 2018 stand out from other releases is the emphasis on robust and efficient workflows, as well as the substantial usability improvements.”
A few notable features from Vectorworks 2018 include:
- Multiple drawing views: Use multiple views of a project simultaneously, and begin work in one view pane and finish it in another. Switch effortlessly between viewports, views and visibility settings — simply set up panes and view them all at once. Instantly gauge the impact of a design change across 3D, plan, section and elevation views, and even start a rendering in one view while working in another.
- Direct section and elevation editing: Edit models directly from viewports: add openings, align and distribute windows, reposition doors across multiple layers, reshape walls — it’s all possible. Change the 3D views while in the section to see how edits simultaneously affect plans and model views. And, create better-looking, more-accurate drawings in a fraction of the time.
- Easier title block customization: Customize items such as variables and orientation, choose from an unlimited set of information to include in a title block, and use styles to more simply manage many title blocks across one or multiple projects.
- Direct site model contour editing: Edit a site model easier than ever before with improved site model settings and direct 2D contour editing. Modify each contour line as easily as editing a polyline.
Spanish Launch Events: Vectorworks Spotlight 2018, Braceworks and Vision
Vectorworks’ Spanish and Portuguese distributor, TechLimits Informática, will host two launch events that will cover Vectorworks Spotlight 2018, Braceworks and Vision, our lighting previsualization software, through a presentation from Vectorworks Senior Entertainment Product Specialist Jim Woodward, followed by a live Q&A. Vision is currently offered in the English version of Vectorworks only. Additionally, Jorge Matos, managing director at TechLimits, will present information about 2018 new features at both events. Carlos Torrijos, lighting designer at Studio & Light, will present at the first launch event, and Raúl Gómez, responsable técnico at Albadalejo will present at the second launch event. Torrijos and Gómez will both present about Spotlight. The events will take place on:
- November 29, 2017, Madrid, Spain at 15.00 – 17.15 CET
- November 30, 2017 in Barcelona, Spain at 15.00 – 17.15 CET
Vectorworks 2018 can be purchased in Spanish by finding a local distributor at vectorworks.net/international. Additional information regarding Vectorworks 2018 is available at vectorworks.net/espanol and vectorworks.net/2018.
About Vectorworks, Inc.
Vectorworks, Inc. is a global design and BIM software developer serving over 650,000 professionals in the architecture, landscape and entertainment industries. Since 1985, we’ve been committed to helping designers capture inspiration, nurture innovation, communicate effectively and bring their visions to life. With our cross-platform software, designers can build data-rich, visual models without sacrificing the design process, while collaborating efficiently throughout the project life-cycle. Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with offices in Atlanta, Georgia and Newbury, England, Vectorworks is a part of the Nemetschek Group. Learn how we empower designers to create experiences that transform the world at vectorworks.net.